Monday 28 May 2012

Tricked the Mick!

Great Saturday at ABYC.  We didn't actually get out sailing but sat around on the hard enjoying a few cold beverages in the sun next to the boat.  Dave V from C&L Boatworks was in Scarborough dropping off some boats so he came by to install some upgrades I purchased from him.
  • New 36" aluminum tiller extension to replace the 24" plastic extension that was on there (will post pic later).  Sweet grip on this thing.  
  • New main sheet
  • Harken rotating arm (with the cleat at the bottom - see maiden voyage post)
  • Harken block for the main
  • Harken boom block 

Installation of new Harken arm & block

2 comments:

  1. Glad to have stumbled upon your CL 14 blog, by way of the CL Boatworks forum.

    I just picked up a vintage CL 14, here in Nova Scotia. Got some repairs to do before launching her.

    I'm originally from T.O. and learned to sail on Lake Ontario.

    Anyhoo, enjoyed reading your posts about your adventures with your CL 14. Fair winds and following seas to you, as they say!

    BTW, do you have a self-bailing cockpit?

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob, yarrrrr matey! Thanks for writing! Happy to chat with a fellow 14 owner. Would love to see some pics of your boat and/or hear about your repairs. Let me know if I can help at all. Dave @ C&L has been a huge help (as you know since you've read the blog). I have the original main and boom block if you're interested

    I had my 14 out yesterday in about 6-7knot winds and she was performing well. Looking forward to getting out in 10+.

    Regarding bailers, I have a single bailer installed but haven't used it yet.

    Stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete